Duties and Expectations
- Create lesson plan for student in preparation for each tutorial session
- Execute lesson plan in either basic math or literacy
- Proctor student assessments and tailor tutorial to fit student’s growing skill knowledge
- Use creativity to engage student in difficult lessons
- Serve as an example of college success for your student
- Grade your student daily on participation, effort, and respect
- Work as a member of a team of tutors who reflect, plan, and problem solve together with the help of two supervisors
- Prepare progress reports for students
- Periodic clerical work: filing curriculum, calling parents, etc
- Hold students accountable for code of conduct
- Attend mandatory training before start of tutorial program
- Passion for working with Boston youth.
- Adherence to strict professional standards as regards to conduct, dress, timeliness, etc.
- Eagerness to reflect on and improve performance.
- If FWS eligible, you will receive up to $12 an hour.
How to Apply
- Fill out the Tutor Application
The mission of the Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Community Health Improvement is to collaborate with community and hospital partners to build and sustain healthier communities and to enhance the hospitals responsiveness to patients and community members from diverse backgrounds.
Codman Academy Charter Public School's mission is to prepare students for full participation in society by ensuring their preparation for and access to further education, developing the skills and vision to undertake a rewarding career, and developing the motivation and character needed to engage deeply and productively in community life. We view parents and community members as integral partners in this endeavor.
The Tobin K-8 school is an extended services design that engages school staff, families and community partners to develop students' social, emotional well-being and academic success. As a team, everyone works together to support the Tobin Way™, Tobin Mission and Tobin Vision for excellence.
Jackson Mann K-8 School promises to provide the most positive and caring school environment possible so that students can fulfill their potential for academic and personal growth. Their instructional focus is on literacy, math, and closing the achievement gap.