Duties and Expectations
- Create lesson plan for student in preparation for each tutorial session
- Execute lesson plan in either basic math or literacy
- Proctor student assessments and tailor tutorial to fit student’s growing skill knowledge
- Use creativity to engage student in difficult lessons
- Serve as an example of college success for your student
- Grade your student daily on participation, effort, and respect
- Work as a member of a team of tutors who reflect, plan, and problem solve together with the help of two supervisors
- Prepare progress reports for students
- Periodic clerical work: filing curriculum, calling parents, etc
- Hold students accountable for code of conduct
- Attend mandatory training before start of tutorial program
- Passion for working with Boston youth.
- Adherence to strict professional standards as regards to conduct, dress, timeliness, etc.
- Eagerness to reflect on and improve performance.
- If FWS eligible, you will receive up to $12 an hour.
- Volunteers are eligible to receive a monthly T pass to defray commuting costs.
How to Apply
- To apply for one of our fall programs, fill out the Tutor Application