Over the years, T4A has had dramatic results on the students we’ve reached. Below are the MCAS results from our 2012 programs:
Here’s what our kids are facing and how we make a difference:
Fewer than 2 in 10 public school ninth-graders will graduate with a post-secondary degree.
Tutors for All bridges the achievement gap one student at a time. Through bringing together colleges, schools, and community resources, we offer underserved students the systematic individualized instruction they need in order to thrive.
Our programs transform the lives of Boston youth and the college students who tutor them. In the process, they are establishing large-scale individualized instruction as one of very few educational interventions successfully preparing underserved students for success in college and beyond.
What are tutorials?
Tutorials are individualized instructional sessions led by personally matched work-study, service learning, and volunteer college students.
- Individually planned
- Scheduled and mandatory
- Skills-based (for the most part, math and reading).
- Goal and assessment driven
- A proven strategy for bridging the achievement gap
What kind of tutorials has Tutors for All successfully run?
1. Skills tutorials (grades 4-9)
- a. Reading, writing, and/or math
- b. 60-90 minutes per day
- c. Summer and Academic Year Programs
- d. 1-5 Days per week
2. MCAS Prep (10th grade)
- ELA, math, biology, and physics
- 3 hours per day/one day per week
3. College Preparation and Success
- Accuplacer Preparation
- Academic mindset/learning strategies